Sunday, March 10, 2019

Nothing in my Hand I Bring

“Then he said to Jesus, ‘Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.’ And Jesus said to him, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.’” [1]

Jesus had said previously, “Indeed there are last who will be first, and there are first who will be last.” [2] The thief hanging next to Jesus on the cross was stereotyped by the world as a “last,” but he entered paradise that day with Jesus as a “first.” He placed all his hope for heaven in Jesus and became a “first.” So, it is for all who place 100% faith in Jesus for salvation, and 0% faith in themselves.

“Not the labors of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s commands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.

Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to the cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless, look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.” [3]

[1] Luke 23:42-43
[2] Luke 13:30
[3] Rock of Ages, Cleft for Me, Augustus M. Toplady

No comments:

Post a Comment