Wednesday, November 14, 2018

The High Priest Knows Our Pain

This morning as I read Psalms,
I thought of Jesus Christ.
He cared so much about people…
That He upset those who didn’t care.
Politicians and priests…
Wanted to destroy Him.
Those who followed Him…
Caved into the angry crowd’s…
View of Him.

When thinking of Christ,
We think of His miracles,
His teachings,
His wounds and death,
But what about His heart?
His closest friends…
Betrayed Him.
All He had left was…
His Father God.

But then…
When He took our sins…
Upon Himself…
He realized…
“My God, My God…
“Why have YOU forsaken me?”
It was for our sins…
That He suffered and died…
And rose again...
Triumphant over the grave.

He ever lives…
To intercede for us…
And to redeem us from…
Sin, Satan, and death…
All who will call…
Upon His Name…
Are SAVED!
We have a High Priest…
Who knows our pain!

“For it is not an enemy who reproaches me;
Then I could bear it.
Nor is it one who hates me who has exalted himself against me;
Then I could hide from him.
But it was you, a man my equal,
My companion and my acquaintance.
We took sweet counsel together,
And walked to the house of God in the throng.

As for me, I will call upon God,
And the Lord shall save me.
Evening and morning and at noon
I will pray, and cry aloud,
And He shall hear my voice.
He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me,
For there were many against me.

Cast your burden on the Lord,
And He shall sustain you;
He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.” [1]

“Whenever I am afraid,
I will trust in You.
In God (I will praise His word),
In God I have put my trust;
I will not fear.
What can flesh do to me?

You number my wanderings;
Put my tears into Your bottle;
Are they not in Your book?
When I cry out to You,
Then my enemies will turn back;
This I know because God is for me.” [2]

[1] Psalm 55:12-14, 16-18, 22
[2] Psalm 56:3-4, 8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment