Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Incentives To Repent

“The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it, if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it. And the instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it, if it does evil in My sight so that it does not obey My voice, then I will relent concerning the good with which I said I would benefit it.” [1]

God has great love for people. He tries from so many angles and methods to get us to repent of sin and to turn to Him. This is why the Father sent His Son, Jesus Christ into the world. He knew that we needed a Redeemer. A Savior from sin! He knew that His goodness towards sinners would be a better incentive for us to trust Him than His pending judgments.

“Do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?” [2]

“Dear Heavenly Father, You who gave Your only begotten Son to die for us on the cross to take the consequences of the sins that we have committed against You and others. Please let Your Gospel be heard throughout the world today. Only through faith in Your Son Jesus Christ and through the infilling power of the Holy Spirit will the people of nations change. Help us to be Your mouths, hands, and feet as Jeremiah was to Jerusalem, for it is in the Name of Your Son Jesus Christ that we pray. Amen.”

[1] Jeremiah 18:7-10
[2] Romans 2:4

No comments:

Post a Comment