Friday, June 8, 2018

Lord You Amaze Me

“And they were greatly amazed in themselves beyond measure, and marveled.” [1]

“As a teen, You Lord brought me to the Book of Jeremiah. You gave me the model of man who sought to turn His nation back to God by speaking Your Word.

At twenty-one, You brought me to the Books of Kings. You moved me through these narratives to cleanse my “land” (my life) of TV shows, music and literature that did not exalt You, and to be wholly given over to You.

At fifty-eight, you revealed to me that Jeremiah is the author of the Kings. He emphasized Your work to halt his nation’s apostasy. You did not want people to turn from You and suffer losses. You are the Prophet, Priest, and King that our nations need to prosper!

I trust You Lord to work through me by Your Spirit so that I am a faithful voice for You. Please continue to call a distant humanity back to closeness with You through my life.

You Lord Amaze me!”

[1] Mark 6:51

No comments:

Post a Comment