Thursday, January 11, 2018

Jesus Has Overcome the World

Paul told Timothy about a trial that he went through, he wrote, “At my first defense no one stood with me, but all forsook me. May it not be charged against them. But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully through me, and that all the Gentiles might hear. Also, I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen!” [1]

Paul also told the disciples in Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.” [2]

Jesus said, “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” [3]

Hold on to Jesus. Do not abandon Him. With Him you are destined to overcome the world.

[1] 1 Timothy 4:16-18
[2] Acts 14:22
[3] John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment