Saturday, December 16, 2017

The Just Shall Live by Faith

“Behold the proud,
His soul is not upright in him;
But the just shall live by his faith.”
[1]

The question of justification came up this season
It happened due to poor results from great effort
It is expected to do poorly if a person does not try
But if someone puts forth diligent effort…
And still does poorly, questions do arise
So, I prayed
I questioned
I waited
I asked the Lord to forgive me
I asked Him to help me
The Lord forgave me
He helped me
He reminded me…
“By grace…
You have been saved…
Through faith,
That not of yourselves;
It is the gift of God,
Not of works,
Lest anyone should boast.”
[2]

Trust in superior human effort and wisdom...
Fails
Trust in the One who made all things…
Trust in the One who sustains all things
Trust in the Redeemer…
Trust in the Savior Jesus Christ…
Prevails

When I was proud…
I was not upright

By faith in God…
I am just
God turns the tide…
In the battle, I fight…
He does miracles…
Of grace
He sends His angels…
He helps me
He provides…
Abundantly

God is glorified…
When I confess HIM
When I trust in HIM!

“Behold the proud,
His soul is not upright in him;
But the just shall live by his faith.”

[1] Habakkuk 2:4
[2] Ephesians 2:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment