Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Victory In Jesus

“The Lord is on my side;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?”
[1]

“It is better to trust in the Lord
Than to put confidence in man.
It is better to trust in the Lord
Than to put confidence in princes.”
[2]

“The Lord is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation.
The voice of rejoicing and salvation
Is in the tents of the righteous;
The right hand of the Lord does valiantly.”
[3]

“I shall not die, but live,
And declare the works of the Lord.”
[4]

“The stone (Christ) which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.
This was the Lord’s doing;
It is marvelous in our eyes.
This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.”
[5]

Christ is better than TV:

“T-urn away mine eyes from beholding V-anity;
And quicken (revive) Thou me in Thy way.”
[6]
(T = Turn away… V = Vanity)

God’s Word gives life when afflicted:

“This is my comfort in my affliction,
For Your word has given me life.”
[7]

God’s Word is better than silver and gold:

“The law of Your mouth is better to me
Than thousands of coins of gold and silver.”
[8]

God’s Word turns the light on for people:

“The entrance of Your Word gives light;
It gives understanding to the simple.”
[9]

Christ is merciful to those who love Him:

“Look upon me and be merciful to me,
As Your custom is toward those who love Your name.”
[10]

Christ gives us victory over sin through His Word:

“Direct my steps by Your Word,
And let no iniquity have dominion over me.”
[11]

[1] Psalm 118:6
[2] Psalm 118:8-9
[3] Psalm 118:14-15
[4] Psalm 118:17
[5] Psalm 118:22-24
[6] Psalm 119:37
[7] Psalm 119:50
[8] Psalm 119:72
[9] Psalm 119:130
[10] Psalm 119:132
[11] Psalm 119:13

No comments:

Post a Comment