Thursday, June 22, 2017

Pleasing Sacrifices to God

“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.” [1]

Living sacrifices for the Lord! Holy bodies acceptable to God!

The Old Testament standard for sacrificial animals offered to God was unblemished, unmaimed and without sickness.

“For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.” [2]

Not think more highly of ourselves than we should! A holy sacrifice! How?

There are two important words to ponder in Romans 12:1, 3. They are “mercies” and “grace.” God’s mercy and grace! Being sanctified for the Lord’s service is a work of the Holy Spirit. We can bring our body to the altar, but we need the Lord to bring the fire.
John the Baptist said of Jesus, “He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.” [3]

We can pray...

“Create in me a PURE HEART, O God, renew a STEDFAST SPIRIT within me. Do not cast me from Your PRESENCE. Do not take Your HOLY SPIRIT from me. Restore to me the JOY OF Your SALVATION. Grant me a WILLING SPIRIT, to sustain me.” [4]

And be assured that...

“The sacrifices of God are a BROKEN SPIRIT, a broken and a CONTRITE HEART—these, O God, You will not despise.” [5]

“Dear Heavenly Father, we need You to transform us from sinners to saints. We offer ourselves to You. Please bring the fire of Your Holy Spirit afresh upon us and transform us. Make us holy and pleasing sacrifices to You. In Jesus’ Name, we pray. Amen.”

[1] Romans 12:1
[2] Romans 12:3
[3] Matthew 3:11
[4] Psalm 51:10-12
[5] Psalm 51:17

No comments:

Post a Comment