Sunday, November 27, 2016

Exalting Elohim For The Elderly

“Hasten, O God, to save me; come quickly, Lord, to help me.” [1]

“In You, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame. Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go. Do not cast me away when I am old; do not forsake me when my strength is gone.” [2]

“They (those who don’t favor me) say, ‘God has forsaken him; pursue him and seize him, for no one will rescue him.’ Do not be far from me, my God; come quickly, God, to help me.” [3]

“As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise You more and more. My mouth will tell of Your righteous deeds, of Your saving acts all day long—though I know not how to relate them all. Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare Your power to the next generation, Your mighty acts to all who are to come.” [4]

“Though You have made me see troubles, many and bitter, You will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth You will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once more.” [5]

“Praise be to the Lord God, the God of Israel, who alone does marvelous deeds. Praise be to His glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with His glory. Amen and Amen.” [6]

[1] Psalm 70:1
[2] Psalm 71:1, 3, 9
[3] Psalm 71:11-12
[4] Psalm 71:14-15, 18
[5] Psalm 71:20-21
[6] Psalm 72:18-19

No comments:

Post a Comment