Wednesday, October 12, 2016

God Is God ~ We Are Not

While caring for the flood survivors, I saw people in shock. I saw an aura of sadness around some of the survivors as they walked towards me. During good times, we may begin to think that we are invincible and no longer need God’s help, That’s when a disaster brings us back to the realty of our need for God.

The Lord warns us via Jeremiah. “This is what the Lord says: ’Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the Lord. But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him.’” [1]

We need to invest our time, treasure, and talent in the practice of trusting in the Lord. Learn to lean on the Lord! The Lord says that if we turn from evil ways, and reform our actions, He will build up our land and stabilize it.

“If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down, and destroyed, and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it. So turn from your evil ways, each one of you, and reform your ways and your actions.” [2]

The problem with Jeremiah’s audience was that they rejected God’s counsel. “But they will reply, ‘It’s no use. We will continue with our own plans; we will all follow the stubbornness of our evil hearts.’” [3]

Let us pray that our nation will reject defiance towards God. “Dear Heavenly Father, please grant us grace to repent and reform our ways. Please rebuild and reestablish us. You are God, and we are not. We need You to help and save us. This I pray in the Name of Jesus Your Son. Amen.”

[1] Jeremiah 17:5, 7
[2] Jeremiah 18:7-10
[3] Jeremiah 18:12

No comments:

Post a Comment