Monday, August 3, 2015

Let The Seed Die

“The Gospel must first be preached to all nations. Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you who are speaking but the Holy Spirit.” [1]

Several times in my life, I had the privilege to see the Spirit of God move through the ministry of God’s Word to bring people to Christ and make disciples of them. This heavenly experience usually comes with severe trials because the devil hates Christ and does not want people to follow Christ. In such times, a decision has to be made. Is it the cross before me, the world behind me, no turning back, I have decided to follow Jesus, or is it to throw up my hands and say the cost is too great?

The main point of Catherine Booth’s book, “Aggressive Christianity” is that if Christianity had continued has it was in the days of the Apostles, the world would have been won to Christ by now. She also pointed out that one way that the enemy defeats Christians is to infiltrate their minds with the thought that Christlikeness is impossible, that we are bound to be sinful wretches that can do nothing right for God.

Jesus said, “Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.” [2] I can to try to avoid death, or I can yield my life to Jesus, and come what may Christ will produce much through me for His glory and for the salvation of others.

What should I do? What should you do? The souls of people hang in the balance.

[1] Mark 13:10-11
[2] John 12:24


No comments:

Post a Comment