Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Live God’s Story for You - It’s a Good One!

“Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book, they all were written,

The days fashioned for me, when yet there were none of them.” [1]

God wrote our lives in His book before we were born. He knew our days even when none of them existed. We are the outcome of His masterful design.

“Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith.” [2]

God knows His original purpose for us. He is willing to work with us and resource that purpose if we invite Him to do so. Though He created us, and He sustains us, He respects our free will. If we want God’s help and counsel, Jesus advised us to... “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” [3]

Recently, Sherry and I were blessed to be entrusted with the care of three of our grandchildren while their parents were away. As we did, I could not help reminiscing about my life as a child. I found myself saying to the Lord, “Thank You for working with me all my life to bring about your good and perfect will for me. Help me to respect You, listen to You and obey You so that You might fulfil all Your good purposes for me.”

The Lord says to us, “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” [4]

Live the story God has written for you – it is a good one. Think about it! The God who created the universe and sustains it is with you. He has ample resources and angels to help you all the days of your journey.

[1] Psalm 139:16
[2] Hebrews 12:2
[3] Matthew 7:7
[4] Jeremiah 29:11



No comments:

Post a Comment